Pages

Review of 2013

Monday, December 30, 2013

Can you believe that the year is almost over. Neither can I. But it is and I really wanted to share with my newer readers and those who may not know me some big things that happened this year and some amazing blessings that God bestowed on our family. Here is our recap of 2013.

January - April

For those who don't know in 2012 I was flung into a heated custody battle over my eldest daughter, Kaidance with her biological father Brian. It was not pretty. There are a LOT of details that I will spare you but throughout our ordeal we spoke and prayed one thing: That God would grant us full custody of Kaidance, with visitation rights with her and her dad. 

It was scary. I'm not going to lie. I would be hopeful and faith filled one money and then sobbing uncontrollably the next after a drop off. In July of 2012 we won our custody pre-trial and began gearing up for our final trial in February of 2013.

To make a long story short God remained faithful and answered our prayers. We are not even certain to this day on why, but the Friday before our February 21st court date my ex-husband settled with us outside of court. He agreed to everything we had asked for and prayed for over Kaidance.....even amongst some saying that "we didn't win" because we settled we KNOW who we serve and we know that we did win, because God is faithful.


Some other big events in photos from the first part up until April of 2013. In order, Tony was baptised and make a public declaration of his faith. I was pregnant with our third child, a son, Joseph. And Sophia had minor surgery (her first surgery!) to place tubes because she was getting double ear infections back to back for 6 months. 




May - September

Lots of amazing things happened between May and September! Two of the biggest things were God blessing me with the opportunity to become a Freedom House Kids Ministry Apprentice. It was a truly INCREDIBLE semester of growth and leadership skill building. 

(Me and another apprentice, Harrison!)

Truly and honestly the biggest event of 2013 was the birth of me and Tony's first son, Joseph Isaiah. Born on daddy's birthday we could not have asked for a better birth experience and such an amazing blessing. Brings me to tears (and my knees) every day.


Some other big events in order: Our family vacation to Gatlinburg, TN! Kaidance's first ballet recital, Kaidance's first day of Kindergarten and Sophia graduated from Big Sister class!



October - December

We ended our year with all of the "normal" happenings. Halloween, Thanksgiving, fun and friendships. We are confident in the Lord and faith filled that 2014 will bring many changes, blessings, and beginnings!








Blessings and a HAPPY New Year!

Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment