Pages

Radical Faith

Friday, October 18, 2013

I started a prayer group at my daughters school. We would meet each month, once a month, to pray for our teachers, students, faculty, government, well really anything the Spirit was leading in that moment. I know that God is asking this of me and I will continue to host them. I have the pleasure of bringing Kaidance, my five-year-old with me.

So, we did our normal routine last Thursday. On prayer days we have to get up at 5:15am. Radical eh? A five-year-old is not always the happiest at 5:15am but we manage and she does well. We ate breakfast (pumpkin oatmeal!), brushed our teeth, giggled while we did our hair, and scooted out the door by 6:30am. I like to be there early so that others are encouraged to gather.

We start at 7:00am. And we pray for 15 to 20 minutes. 7:05am began to creep up and Kaidance so innocently said, "Mom where is everyone? Where are the people to the prayer group?" I encouraged her to be patient that God would bring the exact people together at exactly the right time and that He would get the glory.

By 7:05 I told her it was time to pray.

"But mom! We are the only ones. I'm upset. No one wants to pray with us. Is it because they don't love Jesus? Did you tell people mom? Do they not like to pray for our school?"

A thousand questions began to come out at a rapid pace. Anyone with a child who can talk understands this. I wasn't annoyed, I wasn't dismayed or discouraged that no one showed up. I stood firm in my belief that God would bring the exact people together at exactly the right time.

You see, there is no shame for those who didn't come. There is no condemnation and there is nothing wrong with being busy or not feeling lead to come out. God used this opportunity in a mighty way. You see God was using this moment to teach me and Kaidance something. I got down to her level and said, "Kaidance, God meant for us to do life with one another. God created us to have friends, and family, and for us to love one another and be there for each other. But sometimes Kaidance people will fail you. People won't show up. People will leave you standing alone in what seems like an uncomfortable and "weird" situation. But Kaidance, God will honor your obedience to Him if you want to pray and if you stay and pray. Would you like to pray?"

With parents walking children in for early morning care we held hands and prayed. Kaidance diligently prayed for her teacher, her friends, the principal and even said, "Satan you aren't strong anymore. You aren't anything. God is strong. Jesus is strong because He died for us and rose again."

You see, honestly, it was a bit "weird" to stand there with just my child praying. It was a tremendous test for myself and my walk. People DID stop for a moment and look and say, "What are they doing?" But I remained firm and thought to myself, "This is what people need. They need to see radical faith. They need to see love." Prayer is truly one of the highest forms of showing love and showing others how much you care. I am glad that God gave me the chance to show my love for this school and those in it.

Lastly, He was giving my daughter a chance to be a light. And she stood boldly praying. She held a radical faith like that of Elijah, and Elisha, and Joseph. That of John the Baptist and of Peter. I am so proud to be her mom. Stand firm today and encourage yourself with the word. Be the light.



Blessings,

Meg 


No comments:

Post a Comment