Pages

Lord, I'm tired.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I'm { e x h a u s t e d }.

I know that you have a purpose for this tiredness. John 4:6 says, "Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied from His journey, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour." Jesus was even wearied physically at times. It's a good reminder of remaining humble, that we need His Spirit to sustain us, and that it is by Him alone that we are able to stay the course.

It is crucial, you see, that every Christian understands that he/she is in a spiritual battle. There is no way to get out of it. Awareness of the spiritual battle around us is very important. Not only awareness, but vigilance, preparedness, courage and the right weaponry are crucial elements of engaging in spiritual warfare.

I've never been so heavily aware of what is going on around me, us, in the spiritual realm. I keep my eyes focused on Jesus and it's sustaining me but there are times like today, when I wake up, and I'm tired.

I realize that Jesus even grew weary and tired at times and needed sustaining from His father.

                    Mark 1:35 "Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed." 


What a refreshing lesson. If Jesus, the savior of this world, grew weary in His humanness how much more will we? And does that negate our responsibility to the spiritual war going on?

             Absolutely N O T. 

Just because my physical body is tired, doesn't always mean my spirit is. In fact, it's just the opposite. My spiritual life has never been so great. My walk with the Lord never so fulfilling. But my physical body is taking a toll. I'm emotional. || Sleepy || I feel alone. There are times when I know people cannot physically or mentally understand what I'm facing or going through.

But, what I am facing is not fleshly. We are not fighting a physical battle, friends, nor a human battle. It is on a spiritual level – its enemies, its prerogatives, its fortresses and its weapons are all spiritual. If we attempt to fight the spiritual with human weapons, we will fail and the enemy will be victorious.


God reminds me on a daily that I need to pick up my spiritual weapons. To fight with them. If we use human weaponry to fight against the enemy’s fortresses, we will sustain failures and disappointment, and even our victories will be unsure. Conversely, the victories of God are full of hope.

Hebrews 6:23 "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful."

God is faithful. He equips us with the tools we need to spiritually overcome our enemy. Of course our greatest weapon, spiritually, is the sword of the Spirit. This sword gives us many freedoms as soldiers in this spiritual battle. We have freedom from fear, knowing that God is fighting for us, and that we are not going alone. We have freedom from guilt, knowing that we are not responsible for the souls of those who reject God’s message after we have proclaimed it to them. We have freedom from despair, knowing that if we are persecuted and hated, He was persecuted and hated first and that our battle wounds will be richly and lovingly tended to in Heaven.

Be encouraged today those who are weary. You don't have to be. I'm exposed in the sense that my physical body is being broken and trained; but that my spirit is strong and steady. Isaiah 40:29 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."

God will strengthen you through His word and His relationship and intimacy with you. (Psalm 119:28). Take full advantage today of His promises, fight with the sword of the Spirit and rest in Him and His scripture. Know full well that God, even when we are weary, is fighting with us and not against us. Take these moments of tired and turn them into lessons and sources of great strength.

Training, my friend, is never easy. But it is necessary.







No comments:

Post a Comment