Pages

Birthday Outreach

Thursday, November 14, 2013

My 26th birthday is coming up. I am extremely excited. Not just because it's my birthday but because this year I am doing something totally different than any of my other birthdays! This year I didn't want it to be all about me. I wanted to be blessed by seeing others blessed. I got together with my best friend Christin and told her my idea and asked her to come along side me on my special day.

So why am I blogging? I want to document of course! Some of the events I'm going to keep secret for now (I promise to blog with pictures after) and others I want to share because it's going to take not just me, but the community, to help me complete my birthday project.



One of the biggest pieces we are doing on this day is going to the Ronald McDonald house and hospital to visit cancer patients and their families. The staff at the Ronald McDonald house cannot wait to help me celebrate and said that they are in dire need of supplies for the families there. I am putting together 10 (yes, TEN) big goodie bags for 10 families and then bringing 10 brand new teddy bears for 10 of their patients.

This is where I NEED your help. I am needing donations of goodie bag supplies as well as teddy bears for these children. Would you consider, as a gift to honor life, giving something off this wish list? If you are at walmart couldn't you just add a few extra items? I need all of these items by Thursday, November 21st.

Please consider helping by picking something off this list and donating it. I can even pick items up!

BATH/BODY PRODUCTS:
  • Band aids
  • Blow Dryers
  • Body Wash (Travel Size) (at least 10)
  • Deodorant (Travel Size) (at least 10)
  • Feminine Hygiene Products (at least 10)
  • Floss (Travel Size) (at least 10)
  • Hand Sanitizer (Travel Size) (at least 10)
  • Razors (at least 10)
  • Shaving Cream (Travel Size) (at least 10)
  • Slippers (at least 10)
  • Robes (at least 10)
I need at least 10 - 12 new teddy bears. They have to be new so the kids don't get sick from contaminated used items.

Also the Ronald McDonald staff said they NEED pantry items. Canned goods, juice boxes, etc. Anything you keep in your pantry.

Please consider helping me out by helping a small part of your community! :)

Be blessed.

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment